Join the IRSV for its annual Women in Industrial Relations event, an evening with the Public Sector Gender Equality Commissioner, Dr Niki Vincent.
About Dr Vincent
As Commissioner, Dr Vincent is responsible for overseeing implementation of the Gender Equality Act 2020 and plays a key leadership role in promoting gender equality in the Victorian community and workplaces.
Dr Vincent has a wealth of experience in gender equality and organisational leadership. This includes most recently serving as the South Australian Commissioner for Equal Opportunity since May 2016. In this role, Dr Vincent was responsible for the general administration of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
In her capacity as Commissioner for Equal Opportunity, Niki Chaired the Australian Council of Human Rights Authorities (ACHRA), served on the national management committee of Play by the Rules, and was a member of the SA/NT Advisory Council for the Committee for Economic Development of Australia (CEDA). She holds an appointment as an Adjunct Associate Professor in UniSA’s Business School. In addition, she is an active ambassador for Time for Kids – a respite foster care organisation.
Prior to her appointment as Commissioner for Equal Opportunity, Niki held the position of CEO of the Leaders Institute of South Australia as well as a concurrent appointment as a member of the Remuneration Tribunal of South Australia. She has also led major programs of research in previous roles and has established and run two successful not-for-profit organisations.
A mother of 4 adult children, Niki has also been a weekend respite foster mum for almost 5 years. She spends her sparse free time with her partner, family and friends, hiking, seeing films, listening to Radio National podcasts and a variety of music, gardening, doing yoga and camping in remote places.
What is the Commissioner’s role?
The Commissioner will:
- promote and advance the objectives of the Act
- support defined entities to improve gender equality and comply with the Act
- provide advice and education to defined entities to encourage best practice
- resolve disputes in workplaces relating to systemic gender equality issues
- publish and share Gender Equality Action Plans and progress reports.
This is a free event open to members and non-members but registration is required:
- Sign in to register - if this is your first time signing in, your email address is your username, and click "Forgot Password" to create a new login password
- If you have not previously attended an IRSV event, please click "Create a New Account" to register
- If you have any difficulties registering, please contact us for assistance
Zoom login details will be emailed to registrants on the afternoon of the event shortly following the close of registrations
Registrations will close at 3.00pm on Tuesday 26 October 2021
If you are not already a member, we encourage you to join the IRSV to receive continued access to our professional development events and the IRSV community.